Easy Sauteed Asparagus
Quick and simple, without sacrificing the flavor -- that's the best way to describe Sauteed Asparagus with Garlic. Deliciously crunchy (and healthy) vegetable side dish!
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 400 to 500 grams asparagus, chopped and hard parts removed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or chopped finely
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper, to season
Place a medium to a large pan on medium-high heat. Add and heat olive oil.
Add asparagus and cook for a couple of minutes.
Add garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix to combine.
Adjust heat to medium-low and cover the pan with a lid; cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until asparagus has slightly softened.
Remove lid and adjust heat to medium-high.
Squeeze lemon juice on top. Mix to combine and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes.
Take the pan off the heat.
Serve your sauteed asparagus with garlic!
- Cook's Tip #1: Thin or thick asparagus will work with this sauteed asparagus recipe, just be mindful of the cooking time when you are cooking the thin ones.
- Cook's Tip #2: You can substitute lemon pepper for ground black pepper.
- Cook's Tip #3: Use fruity or milder extra-virgin olive oil; the stronger, more robust ones tend to overpower the sauteed asparagus with garlic.
- Cook's Tip #4: If you have fresh herbs, like parsley on hand, feel free to add them when serving.
Calories: 73kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 221mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 756IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 2mg