Craving for something spicy and quick for dinner? Then this Spicy Italian Sausage Pasta is the perfect dish for you. Deliciously creamy and filling, and ready in 30 minutes! Give it a try!
Don't worry, the sauce has got the right balance of spice and cream, so it's not over-the-top hot.
But if you want it to be a HOT Italian sausage pasta, then add some more chili flakes in the sauce --- it's all up to you!
IF YOU WANT MORE ITALIAN SAUSAGE RECIPES, THEN YOU WILL LOVE THESE POSTS!
- Italian sausage - you need to use the spicy kind for this pasta sauce, and you will only use the meat, so it needs to be removed from the casings.
- Pasta - I use tortiglioni for this recipe, but you can also use rigatoni or any pasta with ridges.
- Olive oil - use extra virgin olive oil, if possible.
- Garlic - minced.
- Parsley - dried or fresh parsley is good.
- Cream - I use light cream (half and half), but feel free to use heavy cream (double cream) if that's what you prefer.
- Tomato sauce - just use your favorite brand.
- Seasoning - salt and ground black pepper
Start by preparing the pasta as instructed in the package.
Simultaneously, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat (photo 1).
Once the oil is ready, add the Italian sausage ground meat (photo 2).
Cook for about seven to eight minutes, frequently mixing to make sure nothing sticks at the bottom.
Add the minced garlic and continue mixing for two more minutes (photo 3).
Add the tomato sauce, salt, pepper, and dried parsley (photo 4).
Mix, cover with a lid, and bring to a boil.
Adjust the heat to medium-low and let the sauce simmer for at least fifteen minutes.
Pour the cream, mix, place the lid back on and bring to a quick boil (photo 5).
Adjust the heat back to medium-low, let simmer for two minutes.
Uncover the pan and add the cooked pasta (photo 6).
Mix to coat the pasta evenly, then take the pan off the heat.
Transfer creamy Italian sausage pasta into plates.
Serve, with some freshly grated Parmigiano or fresh parsley as a garnish, if desired.
- If you think the sauce is too watery, leave it uncovered for at least five minutes after simmering; before adding the cream.
- Other herbs. Oregano, rosemary, or thyme: any of these herbs will work excellently with this spicy Italian sausage pasta sauce.
- Onion. You can add onion if you like; make sure you chop it finely as well.
Looks absolutely delicious right? Give this pasta with Italian sausage a try one of these nights and let me know!
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MORE EASY-TO-PREPARE PASTA DISHES, THEN CHECK OUT THESE POSTS!
Creamy & Spicy Italian Sausage Pasta Recipe
- Kitchen knife
- Chopping board
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Garlic press
- 7 ounces dried pasta (about 200 grams)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 links spicy Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 & 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- salt and pepper, to season
- fresh parsley (optional for serving)
- Parmigiano Reggiano (optional for serving)
- Prepare your pasta as indicated in the package instruction.
- While this is happening, start with the spicy Italian sausage sauce by heating oil on a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is ready, add the Italian sausage ground meat (i.e., without the casings).
- Cook for about 7 to 8 minutes, frequently mixing to make sure nothing sticks at the bottom.
- Add the minced garlic and continue mixing for 2 more minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, salt, pepper, and dried parsley.
- Mix, cover with a lid, and bring to a boil.
- Adjust the heat to medium-low and let the sauce simmer for at least 15 minutes.
- Pour the cream, mix, and place the lid back on.
- Bring to a quick boil, then adjust the heat back to medium-low and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
- Uncover the pan and add the cooked pasta.
- Mix to coat the pasta evenly, then take the pan off the heat.
- Transfer creamy Italian sausage pasta into plates.
- Serve, and garnish with some fresh parsley or freshly grated Parmigiano, if preferred.
- Cook's Tip: If you think the sauce is too watery, leave it uncovered for at least five minutes after simmering before adding the cream.
Leave a Reply