These crispy air fryer gnocchi are irresistible --- excellent as a snack, appetizer, or even as a side dish. Seasoned with cheese and herbs, they can be enjoyed on their own or served with your favorite dipping sauce. Either way, always a winner!
Crunchy on the outside while still maintaining that pillowy softness inside, these crispy gnocchi will no doubt become one of your favorites too.
These delicious air-fried gnocchi are coated with herbs and cheese --- two flavors that never fail to elevate any potato dish.
They are essentially fried gnocchi but with very little oil. That's the beauty of preparing these potato gnocchi in an air fryer.
You get the same goodness and deliciousness but slightly healthier.
IF YOU WANT MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES, THEN YOU WILL LIKE THESE POSTS!
- Gnocchi - I use ready-to-cook gnocchi from the supermarket, not the frozen ones when making this air fryer gnocchi recipe.
- Oil - vegetable oil or avocado oil would be excellent.
- Herbs - I typically use a mix of dried oregano and dried parsley.
- Parmigiano Reggiano - finely-grated so it will stick nicely to these air fryer gnocchi.
- Salt and ground black pepper - for additional seasoning.
Start preparing your crispy gnocchi by preheating your air fryer at 200°C (375°F) --- five minutes should be enough.
Place the gnocchi in a medium-sized bowl.
Add the oil, oregano, parsley, salt, pepper, and grated cheese (photo 1).
Make sure all the gnocchi are coated with the rest of the ingredients.
Place the gnocchi into the air fryer (photo 2).
Cook the gnocchi for four minutes, then shake them.
Continue cooking for about three to four more minutes (photo 3).
Transfer your crispy air fryer gnocchi into plates.
If desired, garnish with more grated cheese and serve with your favorite sauce!
- If you are using frozen gnocchi, you need to cook them longer.
- Depending on the size of your air fryer, you might need to cook these crispy gnocchi in batches.
- Make sure you keep some space between when you place the gnocchi in the air fryer. It helps in making them evenly crispy.
- Other herbs. You can use basil, thyme, or rosemary if you prefer.
The key thing is NOT to use the fresh ones --- the dried types stick better to the crispy gnocchi.
- Cheese. Feel free to use pre-grated parmesan if you don't have a block of Parmigiano Reggiano
So give these air fryer gnocchi a try one of these days; you willl not regret it!
IF YOU WANT MORE EASY APPETIZER RECIPES, THEN YOU WILL LIKE THESE POSTS!
Crispy Air Fryer Gnocchi Recipe
- 1 pound gnocchi (about 500 grams)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 to 3 teaspoons oil
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- Preheat your air fryer at 200°C (375°F) for about 5 minutes.
- Place the gnocchi in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the oil, oregano, parsley, salt, pepper, and grated cheese.
- Combine everything --- it's easier to use your hands.
- Make sure all the gnocchi are coated with the rest of the ingredients.
- Place the seasoned gnocchi into the air fryer.
- Cook the gnocchi for four minutes, then shake them.
- Continue cooking for about 3 to 4 more minutes.
- Transfer your crispy air fryer gnocchi into plates.
- Garnish with more grated cheese, if preferred --- and serve with your favorite dipping sauce!
- Cook's Tip #1: I use ready-to-cook gnocchi for this recipe, but you need to cook them longer in the air fryer if you are using frozen gnocchi.
- Cook's Tip #2: You might need to cook these crispy gnocchi in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Cook's Tip #3: Remember to keep some space in between when you place the gnocchi in the air fryer. It helps in making them evenly crispy.