Expect a delightful treat in every slice of this simple Orange Pound Cake! Excellent for a snack or light dessert — and it’s so quick to make!
Nowadays, you can find good oranges all year-round, so there is no need for you to wait to make this delicious orange cake.
The best part? This easy orange pound cake is great for dessert and snacks but also light enough to enjoy for breakfast.
So, any time, any day — a sure win!
IF YOU ARE STILL LOOKING FOR EASY-TO-PREPARE, DELECTABLE CAKES, THEN YOU WILL LIKE THESE POSTS!
- Flour – you only need all-purpose flour to prepare this orange pound cake recipe.
- Baking powder & baking soda – just use your favorite brands.
- Milk – full cream milk if possible.
- Sugar – regular white sugar is great for this orange cake recipe.
- Butter – use unsalted, and make sure it’s softened.
- Eggs – medium-sized and at room temperature; not straight out of the refrigerator, if that’s where you keep them.
- Oranges – you will be using the zest and the juice from both oranges.
Start preparing your orange pound cake by preheating your oven to 180°C (375 ° F).
Prepare your loaf pan by greasing it with butter and dusting it with flour.
Sift flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Then mix them all together (photo 1).
In a small bowl, rub the orange zest with two tablespoons of sugar. Set aside (photo 2).
Using anotherr bowl, mix softened butter with remaining sugar until creamy (photo 3).
Add the eggs one at a time, then mix (photo 4).
Add a third of the dry ingredients, a third of the milk, and then a third of the orange juice. Repeat until you have added all of them.
Once you have a smooth cake mixture, add the zest with sugar and fold to combine (photo 5).
Pour the orange juice cake mixture into the greased and floured loaf pan earlier (photo 6).
Place the loaf pan in the lower part of the oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the top gets darker.
Set aside to cool.
Remove your orange pound cake from the pan, slice, then serve.
- Make sure to use eggs at room temperature.
- In case you will be using packaged orange juice, make sure to adjust the amount of sugar in this recipe, depending on how sweet the orange juice is.
- Do not skip the rubbing of sugar with the orange zest; it increases the aroma and flavor of the zest.
- Place the loaf pan in the lower part of your oven, and if you think it’s getting too dark on top, do not hesitate to cover it with an aluminum foil.
Just make sure you wrap it in an aluminum foil first, then place it in a tightly closed freezer bag. That should be good for about 5 months.
No more than a week.
But cover it with a foil or a wrap or it will easily dry up.
It’s ok to keep it at room temperature for 1 to 2 days — but again, cover it with aluminum foil to keep it from drying.
So what are you waiting for? Give this easy orange pound cake recipe a try and judge for yourself! 🙂
FOR MORE DESSERT OR SNACK RECIPES, CHECK OUT THE FOLLOWING POSTS –
Easy Orange Pound Cake Recipe
- 1 & 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 140 grams butter (about 10 tbsp) unsalted, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup orange juice (plus 2 tbsp)
- 2 large oranges, grated zest
- butter, for greasing pan
- powdered sugar, optional
Preparing the equipment:
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Grease a 30-cm loaf pan and lightly dust with flour.
Preparing the cake batter:
- Using a medium bowl, sift all the dry ingredients together; flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix.
- In a small bowl, rub the grated orange zest with about 2 tablespoons of sugar. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the remaining sugar with butter. Mix until it becomes creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, and mix.
- Alternate between adding 1/3 of the dry ingredients, followed by 1/3 of the milk, and then 1/3 of the orange juice. Repeat until you have a smooth cake mixture.
- Using a spatula or a wooden spoon, add and gently fold the orange zest with the sugar.
- Pour the cake mixture into your greased and floured loaf pan.
Baking your orange juice cake:
- Place loaf pan in the lower part of the oven, for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the top gets darker in color.
- Take the pan out of the oven and let cool for at least 20 minutes.
- Take the cooled cake out of the pan and slice. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
- Cook’s Tip #1: When using store-bought orange juice, adjust the amount of sugar, depending on the orange juice’s sweetness.
- Cook’s Tip #2: Use room temperature eggs.
- Cook’s Tip #3: Make sure you rub the orange zest with sugar to intensify the orange flavor and aroma.
- Cook’s Tip #4: Do not hesitate to cover the top with aluminum foil if you feel that the orange pound cake is getting too dark, too quickly.