Soft, delicious, and undeniable lemon flavor — that’s what you’ll get in every bite of this Quick & Easy Lemon Muffins. Excellent for snacks or breakfast, so try some with your next cup of coffee or tea!
These muffins are light enough that you can easily finish a couple with your morning cup of coffee.
Don’t think they’re cloyingly sweet either, because of the sugar on top. Nope. It’s a perfect balance of sugar and lemony flavor — hard to say no to that, right?
WHAT YOU NEED TO PREPARE LEMON YOGURT MUFFINS
CAN I USE FLAVORED YOGURT?
You can — but try to stay to lemon-flavored yogurt as well.
Even plain vanilla ones might overpower the lemon, so better not buy that either.
HOW TO MAKE LEMON MUFFINS
Start by greasing the muffin tray or placing some muffin liner on it, and preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
Sift and mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt (photo 1).
In a separate bowl, combine eggs and sugar (photo 2).
Mix until creamy.
Add vanilla extract and melted butter (photo 3).
Then add yogurt and continue mixing (photo 4).
Add the sifted dry ingredients, lemon juice, and lemon zest (photo 5).
Mix, just enough to combine.
Spoon the batter into muffin tins or tray (photo 6).
Combine the sugar and lemon zest for the topping.
Add some of the sugar and zest mixture on top of each muffin (photo 7).
Distribute the remaining topping on each muffin evenly (photo 8).
Place the muffin tray in the oven for thirty to thirty-five minutes, or until the top has turned golden.
Remove each muffin from the tray and serve.
TOP TIPS ON MAKING THIS EASY LEMON MUFFIN RECIPE
- If you are not using muffin liners, do not forget to grease or spray it with some butter.
- Do not overmix the batter; mix it just enough to combine.
- Use your fingers to rub the sugar with the lemon zest for the topping. It helps in releasing more of the aroma and flavor of the zest.
FOR MORE DELICIOUS BREAKFAST IDEAS, CHECK OUT ANY OF THESE POSTS:
OR IF YOU WANT TO GET MORE IDEAS FOR SUMMER TREATS, HEAD STRAIGHT TO MY SUMMER COLLECTION!
Quick and Easy Lemon Muffins
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp lemon zest
Preparing the Equipment:
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Place some muffin liners on the tin or grease tin with butter.
Preparing the Batter:
- Sift and combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Using a separate bowl, mix eggs and sugar until they become creamy.
- Add melted butter and vanilla extract and continue mixing.
- Add yogurt and mix again to combine.
- Add the sifted ingredients, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Mix just enough to combine the dry ingredients with the rest.
Baking your Lemon Yogurt Muffins:
- Spoon the batter into your muffin tins.
- Combine sugar and zest and rub them with your fingers.
- Add some of the sugar and lemon zest mixture on top of each muffin.
- Place your muffin tray in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until the top has turned darker.
- Remove each muffin from the tin and serve.
- Plain yogurt is the best kind to use for this recipe, but if you want to try flavored ones, stick to lemon yogurt.
- Make sure you grease or spray some butter into your muffin tins if you do not use muffin liners.
- Remember not to overmix the batter; mix it just enough to combine.
- To prepare the topping, rub the sugar and lemon zest with your fingers to combine. It helps in releasing the aroma and flavor of the lemon zest.