Need a break from summer heat? A glass of Cucumber Mint Lemonade can help you with that. No cooking needed, just add everything in a blender, strain, and enjoy!
We all need a refreshing summer drink that’s ready in a flash. The less effort to prepare it, the better it is.
This cucumber lemonade recipe certainly ticks all the boxes.
You don’t need to cook anything, just throw everything in the blender, and you’re all set.
Oh, did I mention you won’t be needing regular sugar in here? 🙂
WHAT YOU NEED TO PREPARE CUCUMBER LEMONADE
WHAT KIND OF HONEY SHOULD I USE?
Avoid flowery, flavored ones. They tend to overpower the cucumber and lemon flavor, so stick to the milder, plain types.
The darker the honey’s color, the more it would tone down the brightness of the lemonade.
So, keep those in mind.
HOW TO MAKE CUCUMBER LEMONADE – Step by Step
Start by combining the chopped cucumber, lemon juice, lime juice, and honey in the blender (photo 1).
Add half a liter of cold water and the fresh mint leaves (photo 2).
Blend until you don’t see bits of cucumber anymore.
Strain to get rid of the remaining cucumber pulp (photo 3).
Add another half a liter of cold water, some slices of cucumber and stir (photo 4).
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS CUCUMBER AND LEMON JUICE RECIPE
- Peel the cucumber if you prefer. Do note that the result would be less ‘green’ as well.
- You can replace honey with the same quantity of molasses. Try not to get the dark one, though, because it would impact the lemonade’s color.
- If you want an extra zing to your cucumber lemonade, replace regular cold water with sparkling water.
- You might need to add more honey, depending on the intensity of the lemons and lime. Plus, remember that you will be adding some ice when you serve it on individual glasses.
FOR MORE VEGETABLE RECIPES, CHECK OUT MY OTHER POSTS:
OR IF YOU WANT ANOTHER HEALTHY DRINK RECIPE, THEN YOU SHOULD TRY Mixed Berry Smoothie!
Cucumber Mint Lemonade
- 1 large cucumber, chopped (put aside some thin round slices for serving)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- handful fresh mint leaves, (plus more for serving)
- 1 liter cold water
- Combine the cucumber, lemon juice, lime juice, and honey in the blender.
- Add 1/2-liter of cold water and mint.
- Blend everything until you no longer see cucumber bits in the mixture.
- Place a strainer on top of a pitcher and pour the mixture into it to remove the remaining cucumber pulp.
- Add another 1/2-liter of cold water and more slices of cucumber into the pitcher. Stir.
- Pour into individual glasses, add some ice cubes and garnish with additional mint.
- Use plain, light honey if you can. It will make sure that it will not overpower the cucumber lemonade’s flavors (and brightness).
- You can substitute molasses for honey, the same quantity.
- Peel the cucumber if that’s what you prefer. Do note that it would affect how ‘green’ the lemonade is.
- Sparkling water is an excellent alternative to regular water if you want that extra zing for your cucumber lemonade.
- Feel free to adjust the amount of honey that you would use. Bear in mind that you would also be adding some ice on it when serving.