Here’s a healthy drink that’s good for breakfast or snack! You can prepare this delicious Easy Berry Smoothie with fresh or frozen berries, so feel free to make it the whole year-round!
Don’t know about you, but on weekday mornings, a smoothie and a cup of coffee is my go-to breakfast — before rushing out of the door.
Oh! If you like your smoothie on the sweet side, add a bit more honey in this recipe. I prefer mine slightly tart. 🙂
WHAT YOU NEED TO PREPARE A HEALTHY SMOOTHIE
CAN I USE FROZEN BERRIES?
You don’t even need to thaw them if you’re using frozen berries. Just add them directly to your blender and mix — well, provided that your mixer can handle it.
CAN I USE FLAVORED YOGURT?
If you already have a flavored yogurt that you love (especially if its anything with berries), go ahead.
Just be aware that any other flavors might not go well with the berries.
HOW TO MAKE A BERRY SMOOTHIE WITH YOGURT
Start by rinsing and draining all the berries, if using fresh ones.
Add everything on a blender (photo 1).
Add yogurt, honey, and almond milk (photo 2).
Blend until you get a smooth consistency (photo 3).
Pour smoothie into mugs (photo 4).
Garnish with fresh mint leaves, if desired.
TOP TIPS ON MAKING THIS FRUIT SMOOTHIE
- You can use any combination of berries that you like. Just remember that you might need to adjust the amount of honey, depending on the tanginess or sweetness of the fruits.
- You can replace the almond milk with any other type of milk. I usually use hazelnut milk interchangeably with almond milk for this smoothie.
- You can store the smoothie in the refrigerator for no more than 24 hours — and make sure you place it in a container (or mug) with a tight, sealed cover.
IF YOU WANT MORE REFRESHING BEVERAGE, TRY CUCUMBER MINT LEMONADE!
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR OTHER BREAKFAST IDEAS, THEN YOU MIGHT LIKE THESE POSTS:
OR IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MORE SUMMER TREATS, HEAD STRAIGHT TO MY SUMMER COLLECTION!
Mixed Berry Smoothie
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup raspberrries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1 & 1/2 cups almond milk
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3 to 4 tbsp honey
- fresh mint leaves, optional
- Rinse all the berries and drain them, if using fresh ones.
- Place all berries in a blender pitcher.
- Add yogurt, honey, and almond milk.
- Blend until you no longer see chunks and bits of the berries.
- Pour into a tall glass or mug.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves, if preferred.
- Feel free to use fresh or frozen berries, either kind will turn out well for this smoothie.
- You can mix the berries as you prefer but bear in mind that you might need to adjust the amount of honey depending on the sweetness of each type that you use.
- Hazelnut milk or even regular whole milk are excellent substitutes for almond milk.
- 24-hours is the maximum length of time that you keep the smoothie in the refrigerator. Make sure you place it in a tight, sealed glass.