This easy apple sheet cake is ready in less than an hour! Topped with fresh apples and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar, it's great for snacks, desserts, or weekend breakfast --- delicious!
The hardest part of preparing this apple sheet cake is slicing the apples. 🙂
Seriously though, you don't even need to wait for the butter to soften because it's melted.
No hard-to-find ingredients, no special equipment required --- just your usual baking staples and your favorite type of fresh apples!
IF YOU WANT MORE CAKE RECIPES FOR BEGINNERS, YOU WILL LIKE THESE POSTS!
- Apples - red, sweet apples that are good for baking; I usually use pink lady to make this fresh apple recipe.
- Flour - all you need is all-purpose flour.
- Butter - unsalted, melted, and cooled.
- Sugar - regular granulated white sugar is great for this recipe.
- Eggs - medium-sized eggs (63 to 73 grams per piece) at room temperature.
- Milk - whole cream milk would be excellent.
- Vanilla extract, baking, and cinnamon powder - just use your favorite brand.
Start making apple sheet cake by preheating your oven to 180°C (350°F) and lining your baking tray with parchment paper.
Sift and combine the flour and baking powder in a medium-sized bowl.
Using a larger bowl, beat eggs and sugar.
Add the melted butter, milk, and vanilla extract and continue mixing.
Add the dry ingredients and mix until there are no lumps left in the apple cake batter.
Pour the batter into the lined baking tray and use an angled spatula to even the top.
Combine cinnamon powder with the remaining sugar for the topping.
Arrange the fresh apple slices on top and sprinkle them evenly with the cinnamon sugar.
Place your apple sheet cake into the lower part of the oven for twenty-eight to thirty minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the cake.
Set aside to cool.
Slice your apple sheet cake into squares and serve with more cinnamon sugar on top, if preferred.
- Make sure the eggs are at room temperature before mixing them with sugar.
- Remember to cool the melted butter before adding it to the rest of the ingredients.
- You can start preparing the fresh apples after pouring the batter into the baking pan if you don't want them to discolor too much.
- If you're using a bigger baking tray, you might need to adjust the cooking time because of the thinner cake.
What goes well with this fresh apple cake?
Coffee, tea, a glass of milk --- even wine goes well with it.
But if you really want to indulge, serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top or some whipped cream.
You can even sprinkle some cinnamon powder on the cream ---- yum.
So how about it? Give this easy apple sheet cake recipe a try tonight, and enjoy! 🙂
WANT TO SEE MORE FRESH APPLE RECIPES? THEN CHECK OUT THESE POSTS!
Easy Apple Sheet Cake Recipe
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Strainer for sifting
- Hand mixer
- Chopping board
- Kitchen knife
- Rectangular pan (9x13-inch)
For cake batter:
- 1 & 2/3 cups flour (235 grams)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 medium eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar (230 grams)
- 2/3 cup butter, unsalted, melted (150 grams when not melted)
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 medium apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder, heaping
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Sift and combine flour and baking powder in a medium-sized bowl, then set it aside.
- Using a larger bowl, beat eggs and sugar.
- Add the melted butter, milk, and vanilla extract and continue mixing.
- Combine the flour and baking powder, and mix until there are no lumps left in the apple cake batter.
- Pour the batter into the lined baking sheet and use an angled spatula to even the top.
- Prepare the topping by combining ground cinnamon with sugar.
- Arrange the fresh apple slices on top and sprinkle them evenly with the sugared cinnamon.
- Place your sheet cake into the lower part of the oven for 28 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the cake.
- Set aside for a few minutes to cool.
- Slice your newly baked apple sheet cake into squares and serve with more cinnamon sugar on top, if desired.
- Cook's Tip #1: Ensure that the eggs are at room temperature before mixing them with sugar.
- Cook's Tip #2: Remember to cool the melted butter before adding it to the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook's Tip #3: If you don't want the apple slices to discolor too much, start preparing them once you've poured the batter into the baking pan.
- Cook's Tip #4: When using a bigger baking tray, you will have a thinner cake and might need to adjust the cooking time accordingly.